Information Entropy

[This post is dedicated in its entirety to Raghu, for his status message roused the entire institute from its collective torpor and alerted it to the unspeakable dangers long, happy weekends.]

If you can prove to me that these two statements convey fundamentally different information, I'll give you $1 million.

Statement A:
You see the whole country of the system is juxtaposed in the haemoglobin of the atmosphere because you are a sophisticated rhetorician intoxicated by the exuberance of your own verbosity!

Statement B:

Organizational communication as an evolutionary, culturally dependent process of sharing information and creating relationships in environments designed for manageable, goal oriented behaviour sustains and enlivens organizations.


The first line is from that most delightful song in Amar, Akbar, Anthony , My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves. [In my humble opinion, in the history of all possible experimentations with the human gait, there has been no dance-step more graceful than Amitabh cantering out of the Easter egg. Please, for the love of humanity, see the whole song! ]

The second is taken straight from a Business Ethics presentation I'm mugging as part of a regrettable exercise in squandering the proletarian taxpayer's hard-earned money, more popularly known as Professional Ethics 101.

Update: Why, the nerve! Some anti-social elements of ill-repute have dared to question the authenticity of my honorable challenge! Gentle reader, let me take this opportunity to reassure you that I am ever hard at work to ensure that my esteemed audience always receives unmatchable value-added services. I am confident that my insatiable thirst for knowledge, unwavering dedication, superior competence and commitment will help me leave an indelible mark on my field of resea- hey wait, scratch that line, wrong SoP [utters assorted curses at Stanford's Dec 4 deadline]
blog comments powered by Disqus

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum